May 2019 mark 90 years of a wonderful campaign to make the streets fitter. Whether you’re 7 or 70, National Walking month is for everyone! And a brilliant opportunity to add walking to your daily routine or explore somewhere new. The Lion Hotel in Derbyshire is the perfect base to set up before taking a walk around the charming village of Belper or county of Derbyshire.
Why Derbyshire is Perfect for National Walking Month
Derbyshire is an incredibly popular tourist destination and our hotels in Derbyshire are perfectly placed to enable you to explore all its wonders.
Belper is a market town located in Derwent Valley Mills Heritage Site which is famous for its historic cotton mill. Take a walk and explore the numerous attractions Belper has to offer. The Lion is also surrounded by many boutique shops so you can even shop till you drop – After all shopping is still walking. If you’re thinking about a walk-through nature, then Derbyshire has a plethora of stunning gardens and parks. Such as the Belper River Gardens, Belper Park and Belper Lakes.
National Walking Month is about getting fitter and living a healthier life, here are five tips to try this May.
1. Invite your family and friends – Walking is a great way to share stories and spend much need quality time with loved ones – that can be hard to do in our busy day to day lives.
2. Bring a camera – Belper and Derbyshire are full of wonderful sights. Take a few snaps of your time exploring. Not to mention the memories you’ll make.
3. The weather can’t be relied on – Prepare for every weather possibility. Don’t let a bit of rain put you off or put a dampener on your day. Bring a brolly and a coat just in case.
4. Shop till you drop – As we mentioned earlier, shopping is a great way to combine walking and a fun activity.
5. Enjoy yourself – As well as the month of May encouraging you to take a walk. Between the 13th and 19th of May, it is Mental Health Awareness Week. Walking is a perfect way to bring joy! Combine all of the above and you’ll but your mind and body in a good mood.
Come and See Our Hotel in Derbyshire for Food, Drink and a Comfy Stay
Our hotel in Derbyshire is the perfect place to eat, drink and rest, before or after a day of exploring Belper or Derbyshire. Stay in one of our twenty-two fully furnished modern hotel rooms situated in the 18th Century building.
You’ll wine and dine in our reputable restaurant, renowned for serving a selection of delicious, made to order and fresh food. Such as Steaks, Burgers, Pizza, Pie, Fish and so much more. Relax and enjoy your evening after a day walking in our restaurant and pub – before heading off to bed for your well-earned rest.
Come and see the Lion for a romantic walking weekend or a spontaneous trip away. We look forward to hearing all about your adventure. Speak to our helpful staff for ideas on what to do in Belper.