Here at The Lion Hotel, our team is ever-expanding. And with restrictions easing and allowing us to welcome more people into our hotel and restaurants, we have some great opportunities coming up!
As our hotel gets busier, we are looking to increase our team with a new hotel receptionist. The role will primarily involve standard reception duties such as:
- Telephone management/answering
- Booking management
- Checking in/out guests
- Room allocation
- General enquiry management
Our hotel receptionists will also be responsible for taking restaurant bookings, which at present must comply with Covid-19 safety regulations.
The role will be based on a 32 hour week on a pro-rata basis, with initial training 3 pm-11 pm four evenings a week. Experience is not essential for the right candidate but is preferred.
Front Of House
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a part-time bartender. For a number of guests, this is the most important role! You will need to portray enthusiasm and be a people person for the role to be a good fit for you.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Drink making (includes cocktails)
- Customer relations
- Money handling / Till work
- Accurate order taking (including allergens checks)
- General bar/drink stocking
- General bar cleaning
The role will involve evening and weekend work, and you may be required to work key dates, including Christmas. Previous experience is advantageous but not essential as training can be given.
This front of house role is at the forefront of our restaurant running as smoothly as possible. We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who will not be shy with our customers. The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Accurate order taking (including allergens)
- Appropriate food and accompaniment suggestions
- Food delivery to the table
- Table clearing
- Check backs and dealing with issues as appropriate
- Drink order and delivery
This role is entry-level and would be suitable for anyone 16 and over. Full training can be provided so no experience is necessary. Evening and weekend work will be included and you may be required to work key dates, including Christmas.
Chef De Partie
Here at The Lion Hotel, a position has opened up to welcome a new Chef De Partie to our wonderful team. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will be prepared to work as part of our close-knit kitchen team, using fresh, locally sourced ingredients.
Due to the nature of the role, we have to request a selection of essential skills to ensure that the most appropriate candidate comes forward.
- You must have an idea of health and safety, waste management, managerial skills and organisation
- You must be kind, honest and hardworking
- You must work well in a team
- You must have a passion for cooking local seasonal produce
- You must have a minimum of 2 years experience in the trade
- Train and encourage junior members of the team.
- Manage all delivery processes, including checking in orders, storage, stock rotation.
- To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries
- To ensure that mise en place is completed in your section.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes.
The role will include working on a pro-rata basis, with 5 days on, 2 off a week, including weekends, as a full-time role. Due to the needs of the business, this will also include working key dates, such as Christmas.
Salary is competitive and will be agreed upon depending on experience.
Our available roles are ever-changing, so if you wish to be considered for future roles, please get in touch today to leave your information with us,
To discuss any of the roles above, please contact our friendly team today who will be happy to speak with you.