Invented between 1934 and 1948 by Giuseppe Cipriani, founder of Harry’s Bar in Venice, the Bellini is a luxurious and refreshing cocktail that has swiftly become a year-round favourite. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just feeling a little bit fancy, in our opinion the Bellini is a winning cocktail!
If you want to make your own at home, read on for our perfect (but simple) bellini recipe.
Ingredients For A Peach Bellini
For the Peach Puree:
- 4 peaches (or peach juice)
- 1 part sugar syrup
- 4 parts Prosecco
- To make the peach puree, peel and blend the peaches in a blender or food processor. Strain the puree and put in the fridge to chill.
- For the bellini, mix 2 parts of your peach puree with one part sugar syrup
- To each champagne flute, add 20ml of peach puree. Then, gently pour prosecco into the glass.
- Upon serving, stir the drink to mix the Prosecco and peach together
Cocktails At The Lion Hotel
If you’d much rather enjoy cocktails made by someone else – we don’t blame you! Here at The Lion Hotel, we can help you add a splash of fun and excitement to your evening with our fun and delicious cocktails. From the classic mojito to a luxurious raspberry bellini (featuring Chambord & Prosecco), we’ve got a tipple to suit all tastes at our bar and restaurant.
So, why not head on over to see us soon. As well as fantastic food and drink, we also regularly host live music events showcasing the very best talent in Derbyshire including Open Mic Night.s Head over to our Live Music page to check out our upcoming events, or follow us on Facebook to get all the updates as they come!